Assessing the Job Selection Criteria of Accounting Students: a Normative Approach

Umaru Zubairu • Suhaiza Ismail • Fatima Abdul Hamid
Journal article Binus Business Review • 2017 Malaysia

Download full text
(English, 8 pages)

Abstract

This research assessed to what extent final-year Muslim accounting students in Malaysia considered Islamic principles when choosing a job after graduation. 356 final-year Muslim accounting students in four Malaysian universities were surveyed using an open-ended job selection scenario. The result shows that reality does not live up to the ideal. Only 16% of the respondents apply Islamic principles in making a job selection decision. The remaining 84% are more concerned with other criteria such as personal interests, salary considerations, and company reputation.

Metrics

  • 334 views
  • 136 downloads

Journal

Binus Business Review

Binus Business Review (BBR) is an international journal published in May, August, and November, p... see more