This dataset is part of the BPS Foreign Trade Series.
Foreign trade consist of export and import on goods
- Commodity Coverage
All goods are included except the followings :
- Clothes and jewelry of passengers and crew conveyance.
- Goods exported/imported for the use of countries representative (embassies).
- Goods for exhibition shows.
- Packing containers to be refilled.
- Money, securities and other financial goods.
- Sample goods.
- Export statistics are based on General Trade System which covers all Indonesian geographical areas.
- Import statistics are based on General Trade System since 2008. Before 2008 import statistics are based on Special Trade System which covers all Indonesian geographical areas excluding Bonded Zone which is treated as Foreign trade.
- Export refers to Free On Board (FOB) value.
- Import refers to Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) value.
- Both are stated in US Dollars (USD)
- All quantities are stated in net weight Kilograms.
- Country of destination is the country known at the time of dispatch to be the final country where goods are to be delivered.
- Country of origin is the country in which the goods have been produced, after being verified by the Custom and Excise Offices, pursuant to the prevailing regulations.
SOURCE OF DATA
The main data compiled are based on the documents of import-export declaration issued by the Directorate General of Customs and Excise. In addition since 2015 export data also comes from PT. Pos Indonesia, notes other agencies at the border and cross-sea border trade survey results.
METHOD OF COLLECTION
Data obtained from the compilation and survey.