Journal article // Orbita






Model Pembelajaran Kesiapsiagaan Bencana Gempabumi di Sekolah Dasar
November 2019  //  DOI: 10.31764/orbita.v5i2.1187
Syahrial Ayub, Kosim Kosim, I. Wayan Gunada, Muhammad Zuhdi

Metrics

  • Eye Icon 0 views
  • Download Icon 0 downloads
Metrics Icon 0 views  //  0 downloads
Abstract

Teaching is every teacher's daily job. Despite this, though, teaching in the way that students learn is not an easy thing to do. This research is a Research and Development—also known as RnD—study, aimed to give a real life example of how a teacher can teach and embed the awareness about natural disaster in an uncomplicated and fun way, by using disaster mitigation model of teaching. The study results in one design of disaster mitigation model of teaching and a teaching structure implementing scientific approach on disaster mitigation. This research is based on the development and real life experience of the researcher team in teaching and doing observation and research on the headmaster, teachers, and students of SD Negeri 6 Mataram. SD Negeri 6 Mataram is the pilot project of this study, which in return will be implemented in other schools in the urban, coastal area, as well as mountanious area in Lombok Island. The result shows that the headmaster and the teachers' response towards disaster mitigation model of teaching had been really positive, with only 5% of the teachers claims that they are interested, whilst the other 95% claims that the study is extremely interesting for them. The students were very enthusiastic and active during the learning process. In addition, the claim to have meaningful benefit from this mitigation learning. This thus indicated that this disaster model of teaching and learning can be used as a guide or reference in embedding the awareness for natural disaster among school community.

Full text
Show more arrow
 

Metrics

  • Eye Icon 0 views
  • Download Icon 0 downloads
Metrics Icon 0 views  //  0 downloads